Welcome to the PrintWeek India Awards 2014
The PrintWeek India Awards contest / event was launched in 2009. Our aim: to celebrate the best in Indian print.
The 2013 Awards saw more than hundred companies - and thousand print samples. There were 29 worthy winners which were judged by print buyers and specialists.
I expect PrintWeek India Awards for 2014 to be bigger and better than those from 2009 till 2013.
This year, we have added a few categories to the list, while tweaking the nomenclature of few others to make it more in tune with today’s trends. So, if there’s the Green Printing Company of the Year added to the Performance Awards, you will find Cross Media, Digital Photo Album, Direct Mail, Industrial Product added to the Quality Awards. These new additions will allow certain areas of the print industry that have not been eligible for an Award to be able to participate. The Green Printing Company of the Year Award for example, will act as an incentive to foster value-based environment protection measures in every aspect of print production.
I’ve compiled a few basic hints and tips to ensure that you can secure glory at the PrintWeek India Awards 2014.
- For starts, you need to enter. As they say, you have got to be in it, to win it.
- Choose the correct category. And submit best examples of four print jobs, which you have produced.
- Less is best. Remember, on judgment day, the jury scrutinises hundreds of entries. Don't over-burden them with needless information.
- Context is everything. The judges are experts in their field but they may not have knowledge of the particular print project for which the job has been entered. Inform them.
- Do not ignore the rules. For instance, when we ask for a full set of technical specifications, do please send them to us. This enables our jury to make a sound judgment on the performance of your print job. If we don't provide enough information, you won't make it to the shortlist.
- Remember you are being judged for FOUR print jobs, not just one single piece of print. So don't send us four samples of the same job. Remember: you have to impress the jury with a variety of print skills.
- Finally, remember who’s judging. It’s your customers. We have put the judging in the hands of an independent panel of experts, a line-up of big-name print buyers for our Quality Awards. This is your chance to sell to them. In fact in 2011, 2012 and 2013, our jury members fixed appointments with key printers a day after judgment day.
Now, sit back with confidence and wait for the shortlist in the September 2014 issue of PrintWeek India. And start thinking about the Award night in Mumbai.
Group Editor, Haymarket Media (India) Pvt Ltd